Thoughts are pouring and streaming out of my head so fast I don’t think I can get them down on paper fast enough. Things are changing around here… rapidly. But that’s usually what happens with change. It comes out of nowhere and in the blink of any eye, things are different.
We are moving. WOW. It feels good to “say” that. Yes, we are moving… again. But this is a final destination move because we are moving home to Louisiana. It feels REALLY good to say that!
Let me explain. We moved away from Louisiana in 2003. From 2003 to 2005 we lived in Texarkana. Then from 2005 to now we have lived in various spots in Central Arkansas (Hensley, Bryant, and finally here in our small town). So, we’ve been gone from home for 8 years and we’ve missed it terribly.
Of course we have made some amazing and forever friends here, but it’s time to go home. It’s time to be in a place where our girls can be within 30 minutes of seeing grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins. It’s time.
Shortly after Catherine was born we felt a very strong pull to move home. I tried to fight it at first because in my mind I was thinking… We can’t move now! I just had a baby! But the timing is right.
It’s right for a lot of reasons. There are some crazy instabilities going on with my job. Trey is ready to do something different with his job. Lauren has one more year of preschool before starting Kindergarten and we can get her acclimated to a new environment before that happens. Catherine is so little she will never remember this move.
Everything is falling into place. I have been FRANTICLY trying to get my girls into a daycare in our hometown. It’s dang near impossible with waiting lists. But Lauren is all set in a preschool program at a Baptist church that is not far from my new job and run by one of my best friend’s mother in law. Catherine will join Lauren at that same facility in October and my mom will keep her until then. Thanks be to God.
Our living arrangements will be temporary but perfect. My Grandma moved into an assisted living facility earlier this year and her cute little house is vacant. My parents have offered for us to live there while our house is on the market, rent free. Thanks be to God.
My job. Wow, this is crazy. Originally I interviewed for a position in the Accounting department with this company. I didn’t have the exact qualifications that they were looking for, but apparently they liked me. The Director I interviewed with passed along my name to another manager that was hiring for a position that is remarkably similar to my current job. I interviewed for the job and was extended an offer 2 weeks later for the same salary I make now. Thanks be to God.
Do you see God’s hand in this? I do. We have always been taken care of in all of our moves and this feels no different. I have faith that this move is His Will. I prayed so hard that if we weren’t supposed to move then we would know it. And if it was His Will then He would provide all the ways to do so. We believe God is providing us a way to be closer to our families. Which has been a dream for many years.
I will miss so many people here… but that is another post with a box of Kleenex by the keyboard. I’m not ready to write that one yet.
1 comment:
WOW! That's great news! I'm sure your families are just thrilled!
Good luck with the move -- you guys are old pros at it by now! :)
Post a Comment