Friday, August 26, 2011

Birthday post

It's been almost a week since Lauren turned 4 and had her birthday party!  I'm late posting this, but better late than never, right?

Nina, Papa, Aunt Jen, Uncle Chris, Kennedy, Brady, Kinley, Kate and James all came to her party to help her celebrate her birthday.  Kinley's parents and Kate's parents came too.  I was so glad everyone could come!  We had her party from 11:00 to 1:00 so that we could have hamburgers and hot dogs before birthday cake.



Speaking of the cake... it was HUGE!

My mom brought it up with them so I wouldn't have to run all the way to Little Rock to pick it up.  Lauren's request was for a princess cake with dark pink icing.  I think it turned out perfect!  And who doesn't love cookie cake???

The kids swam for awhile and then we fed everybody lunch.  I'm a terrible planner and so everything was just thrown out on the countertops so all had to fend for themselves.  But it all tasted good and that's what matters most!


Then it was time for presents and cake!


YUM!

Everyone had pink teeth because of the icing!  Ha!




She got some great gifts for her birthday thanks to sweet family and friends!  Which reminds me... I need to write Thank You notes!





It was a fun party and I think everyone had a good time!  Lauren is already telling me that she'll be FIVE on her next birthday!  HA!  Whoa, girl, slow down!  You just turned FOUR!!!

Lauren, I can't believe it's been 4 years since you were born.  Time flies, baby.  You are still my sweet, happy, and giggly little baby girl.  Never change.  You are learning so much these days and are asking lots of questions about our upcoming move to Louisiana.  You even spilled the beans to everyone at your school before we could tell them!  :)  I love your sweet spirit.  You wear your heart on your sleeve... much like your Mama.  You are kind and such a loving big sister.  I hope you and your baby sister will be the best of friends.  I hope you will teach her how to be kind and sweet and how to laugh at everything.  I love you to the moon and back, baby.  To the moon and back.

No comments: