Wednesday, February 02, 2011

10 weeks to go

I have a 29 week picture of myself, but I have been too lazy to get it off the camera and onto the computer.  Maybe I'll try to do that tonight.  Getting that done yesterday was out of the question because I went to bed at 8:30 and actually fell asleep on the couch around 8:15 or so.  I have been so tired lately.  I guess I'm on the downhill stretch.  Normally I'm not that exhausted, but Monday night I woke up around 1:30 am and didn't get back to sleep until around 4:00 am.  RIDICULOUS. 

I kept making mental to-do lists (items I still need to get for Catherine, stuff I need to organize Catherine's room, meals I want to cook and freeze, paperwork I need to complete for work, and of course the normal running grocery lists).  I guess I should have gotten up to write everything down and I might have been able to sleep, but it didn't occur to me at the time to do that.  I did get out of bed around 2:45 and took some ground meat out of the freezer to thaw for dinner on Tuesday night. 

I made crockpot meatloaf and it didn't turn out at all like I thought it would.  It was almost too tender, if that's possible.  I didn't care for it too much.  Oh well... lesson learned.

When I finally did get back in bed just before 4:00 am I think the sound of the rainfall helped me to fall asleep.  I can always sleep when it's raining.  Maybe I should get a sound machine that sounds like rainfall.  I'm sure Trey would just love that.  I don't know, maybe it wouldn't bother him because he can fall asleep through any noise.  I'll have to put that on another to-do list. 

I've also been having some strange dreams lately.  Normally I wake up and can't remember what I dreamed about.  I just know that the dream was weird.  Although recently I guess I've been worried about my weight gain and what my stomach is going to look like after a 2nd baby.  I can't even say that I've tried extremely hard to not gain as much weight as I did with Lauren.  I mean, I haven't been hitting up Sonic every other day like I did with Lauren, but I'm not necessarily turning down sweets left and right either.  As of right now I'm up about 25 pounds.  But I still have 10 weeks to go.  I feel like the rest of my weight gain should be strictly about Catherine gaining weight and not me, but I have a feeling it won't work out that way.

Anyway, so the dream... I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for a few weeks now.  My hands have swelled a little bit or maybe that's just fatty deposits in my fingers.  Regardless, I can't wear my wedding ring and I can't stand that feeling.  So, I guess that's why I dreamed that after I had Catherine I wasn't able to wear it ever again.  I was so depressed in my dream.  Hopefully that does not happen and I'll be able to lose the weight I've gained this time around. 

Except this time I need to lose an extra 10 pounds because I was a little pudgy when I got pregnant this time.  Sigh.  Hopefully my metabolism won't be shot completely after this baby.  Only time will tell!

I guess I should mention that we picked our date for the c-section!  I will be Tuesday, April 12th.  Mabye I'm weird, but I think it's neat that Lauren was also born on a Tuesday.  And her birthday is the 21st.  The reverse of 12.  Ha!  Hopefully it will all work out and Catherine won't decide to come any earlier.  The c-section is planned only 4 days before my actual due date.  And I really want my doctor to deliver her and not another doctor in the clinic.  Not that I don't trust the other doctors, I'm sure they are just fine, but my doctor delivered Lauren and he was just wonderul, so I really want the same experience with Catherine.

And that's all for now.  I should probably get started on another to-do list.

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

April 12 is my birthday, so obviously that is a great day!! ;)

When I clicked through from Google Reader to comment, I noticed your poll for Catherine's middle name. I voted for Elise -- it is another one of my favorites! You and I are on the same page for little girls' names!