Friday, October 08, 2010

TGIF - Random list

1.  I couldn't be happier about it being Friday.  I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and cleaning the house.  I don't WANT to clean the house, but I'm looking forward to it being clean once I'm done.  I'm thinking of investing in one of those Shark Steam Mops.   I need a new mop and I like the idea of not having to use any type of cleaner on the floor, just steam.

2.  We are going furniture shopping this weekend.  YEAH!  Hopefully there will be some Columbus Day sales???

3.  Lauren loves watching TV in our bed... all snuggled up under the covers.  She got REAL comfy last night and looked so sleepy.  I think since it has been getting darker earlier she is getting sleepy earlier.  Last night I picked two books for us to read after her cartoon show was over.  (Sidenote:  I used to feel guilty for letting her watch some TV in the evenings, but I figure if it helps me unwind after a long day, maybe it helps her too.  She usually plays hard all day and some relaxation seems like it might be okay for her too).  We read the first book, Purplicious, then I reached for the second one and she pushed it away.  She was too sleepy to read it and she ASKED to go to bed!!!  Bless her heart!  So, she went to bed at 7:40 last night.  I hope she is not coming down with a cold or something...

4.  My friend Vanessa, could use some prayers.  She had her little miracle baby boy almost 2 months ago, but is back in the hospital with her 2nd diagnosis of Lymphoma.  She is doing her chemo treatment right now (and is in a good deal of pain) and will most likely be headed to Dallas on Oct. 25th for her bone marrow transplant.  She will have to be in isolation for 100 days following the transplant.  With God, they beat the cancer last time and with God, they WILL beat it again.  Pray for her.

That's all for today.

No comments: