1. At 4:00 pm today I will officially be off work until Tuesday of next week. I am too excited for words by this. I love it when my Friday off coincides with a Monday holiday.
2. It won't be all relaxation over the long weekend, although there will be plenty of that. Hopefully we will wrap up the kitchen project by painting the walls and ceiling, finishing the tile backsplash, and putting the bar up. That sounds like a lot? It probably is, but we'll see how much we can get accomplished. And maybe I'll finally get some before and after pictures posted up here.
3. I'm crossing my fingers AND my toes that the guy from Haverty's that is coming to look at our mattress tomorrow finds it to be defective. We've only had this mattress for about 6 years, but my word the dips in this thing are unreal. It's hard on the edges and too soft in the middle. Trey and I roll toward one another. I guess that's an okay thing in the winter time when it's cold and you have to snuggle to keep warm, but the summer months are a totally different situation. IF the mattress man finds fault with our mattress we will get a $1,000 credit toward the purchase of a new one. Please, please, please find fault! Our lower backs cannot sleep in that bed much longer.
4. Hunting season is fastly approaching and I'm actually looking quite forward to it. No, I'm not a hunter, but I grew up with my Dad hunting every weekend from September to January. So, it's a way of life. What I look forward to are trips to the camp and the visits with my parents. Trey gets to hunt with my Dad and the girls get to sleep in and lounge around and cook and eat and visit all weekend. And Lauren loves to see her Nina and Papa!
No comments:
Post a Comment