Monday, August 30, 2010

Praise!!!

Lauren's EIGHTH Laser treatment for her birthmark is on Sept. 17th.  I can't believe she has had seven treatments.  That's crazy to me.  For all of her procedures the hospital has used the Pulsed Dye Laser that results in pencil-eraser-sized purple marks all over the areas they apply the laser.  It has been pretty effective, but MY WORD, it takes a sweet forever for those purple dots to fade and to see results.  On her 6th laser treatment the hospital had a different laser for one day only.  It was on Sept. 17, 2009 that they were given a day to test out the laser to see if the hospital would be interested in buying it.  Lauren was a perfect candidate for this Alexandrite laser.  So, of course we agreed to try it.  And the best part is that it only leaves behind some mild redness after the laser is applied... NO PURPLE DOTS!

Well, the hospital (Vascular Anamolies/ENT clinic) has been trying to get this laser for about a year now.  I called our ENT rep at the hospital to find out if they had it yet.  I was contemplating cancelling Lauren's procedure until they had the new laser.  Do I want her birthmark faded even more?  YES, of course I do!  But she is 3 years old now and in Preschool and I honestly didn't want her to have to face any type of ridicule/staring/questions from the purple dots.

But I found out that the hospital will have the laser in their possession on Sept. 16th!!!  One day before her procedure that was scheduled 6 months ago!  And her procedure is exactly one year from the date she first received treatment with the Alexandrite laser.  Don't tell me that's a coincidence. 

God is IN the details.

As soon as the Rep told me that they had the laser I almost burst into tears.  A huge answer to prayer and enormous weight was lifted!

No comments: