Wednesday, September 08, 2010

It's Wednesday?

Having Monday off work is throwing me off.  I'm not complaining at all, I'm just saying I'm confused and forgot that it was Wednesday, already.  But the work week is halfway over already, so YEAH!  That makes me happy. 
I'm also happy that we'll get to see Nina and Papa soon, as it is the opening of Teal season (Teal is a type of duck) in Texas.  Duck gumbo is already planned on the menu, yummy.  :)

Our Labor Day weekend was great!  Of my to-do list we didn't do a thing and that's just fine with me.  Trey needed a break from all the work and decided to rent a tractor and play outside instead.  He is just like a kid in a sandbox with a bulldozer when he gets to use a tractor.  We used to have one... he regrets every day that we sold it.  Anyway, he has had a ball on that thing and has decided to keep it for a month.  I wonder if we'll have any trees left in the yard at the end of next month.  He's already taken down three. 

We also got a new (new to us) vehicle.  After 6 years of driving my little Toyota Camry and putting almost 100,000 miles on her we upgraded.  So now I'm driving a tank.  Ha!  Okay, it's not a tank, it's a Suburban, but look out!  We had originally thought we'd get a Tahoe, but decided we would really like the extra room.  It's not really a whole lot different than driving Trey's truck, but I think it turns better and parks easier.  I love it and especially love riding high.  But I give Trey less than a year before he decides that he wants to drive it.  :)

No comments: