Nevermind the fact that she'd had a meltdown the night before we we told her she was going to get to go to the library. She said, "I don't wanna go to the library... the library is scary!" What? I have no idea why she thought the library was scary, but we got it all worked out and by morning she was excited. Or maybe just less scared.
Oops... the tears began early... she gets nervous with new things and her response is to cry. Poor thing takes after her mother.
There were tears (hers, not mine, although I was close) when she discovered I was not going to be able to ride the bus with her (insurance thing). But her teacher assured me that she calmed down quickly and enjoyed the ride. When they drove past our church she pointed it out to everyone. LOVE that!
A little pep talk from Ms. J and we're okay!
And when she descended from the bus her smile was back!
It was a fun and quick hour and a half! They picked out new books to bring back to school, got stickers with numbers on them, had story time, played with sidewalk chalk AND got door prizes.
Contemplating what her chalk masterpiece shall be...
Ah yes... tracing the shoe!
Her little buddy for the day was the sweetest and most patient little thing... so cute together!
Those librarians now how to herd a bunch of preschoolers!
And when she got on the bus to ride back to school it was all smiles! And I was relieved of that... and I saw that they had seatbelts on the bus. I'm relieved of that, but I would have felt much better if she were still riding in a car seat ON the bus. I guess that might be too much to ask. But she only weighs 26 pounds!!! At least the library is only like 3 miles from the school.
I'd say, overall, her first field trip was a success!











2 comments:
Aaaaawwwwwwwwww! I see they let you on the bus to snap a few photos. ;)
Yay for Lauren's first field trip! And YAY for all smiles after a mini-meltdown. :)
Cute story! I hope you're able to keep up with all these memories for her in the future...priceless!
Post a Comment