Hello tornado season. We have not missed you. Please leave.
So, there was not a whole lot of this type of activity (these are from when Nina and Papa were here, last weekend):
She really likes to spray the waterhose all over everything in the backyard. Including people... so if you are holding a camera, you had better stand back.
Also, there was none of this, this weekend either:
Oh wait, I think we may have gotten the sidewalk chalk out for about 5 minutes on Saturday before it looked like the sky was going to crack open and dump some serious weather on us. It was all for nothing! I don't think we got hardly any rain at all. And, thankfully, the storms that destroyed other areas of the state did not come TOO close to our house. But you wouldn't have known that for all the tornado warnings and sirens and black clouds.
We could have played outside on Sunday, but after church we ran some errands and then went to eat, so by the time we got home it was 2:00 and time for naps (yes, napS, because everyone takes a Sunday afternoon nap). Of course Lauren would wake up (okay, so I woke her up at 4:30 because I wanted her to be able to sleep that night) with fever! She wanted nothing else than to lay in our bed and watch cartoons. Or to be held by me. Poor thing... no other symptons except fever. She acted better after some Tylenol and a bubble bath. Then, she woke up in the middle of the night burning up and so I gave her some Motrin. She went right back to sleep and this morning? No fever, but she was a ghostly shade of white. I think maybe she is cutting a tooth? I have no idea. But we went ahead with school and work today, showing up a little late to make sure she wasn't going to be sick and she seemed fine... so who knows.
And yes, I did take her to school anyway... please try not to judge. I have 3 HOURS of sick time left at work for the remainder of the YEAR. We only get 40 hours of sick time and when you work 9 hours a day it goes by real quick and in a hurry. If I'm going to have to use vacation time when she gets sick then I'd prefer to use it when she is actually sick.
On another note, I have heard that the H1N1 virus is coming back around... surely she did not have THAT yesterday. Surely not. Anyway, when she got vaccinated back in the fall she was given the Flu Mist for the H1N1. I was under the assumption that she didn't need a second dose since she was given the "live" virus. But I got a letter in the mail stating that she needed a second dose and now I'm all confused. Does anyone know more about this? I know I'm not crazy (no comments please), but I really thought I remembered her pediatrician saying that we wouldn't need a second dose if she got the Flu Mist. I just don't want to have to give her another shot if it's not truly necessary.
One last thing... We've had to re-enforce the excitement and importance of not tee-teeing in her panties this past couple of weeks. She has been fully potty-trained since February, even sleeping in panties, but this past 2 weeks have had several accidents. One of her classmates is just recently potty-training and I think that either A) Lauren is seeing her friend have some accidents and therefore she is picking up a bad habit or B) Lauren doesn't want her friend to feel bad about having accidents and therefore has some accidents too. I'd like to think it's B just because my girl is sensitive and is trying to be a good friend. You know, in the Billy Madison way... "You not cool unless you pee your pants!" ANYWAY, so we've been really focusing on how Lauren gets M&Ms when she potty's in the potty. It cracks me up because she always wants 2 M&Ms, but she will say, "I want two and bof a nem." Translation: I want two and both of them.
It makes me laugh every time. I won't dare correct her because it's just too cute.







3 comments:
Children are supposed to get 2 doses the first time they get any flu vaccine, so she needs another dose. I havent gotten Molly's 2nd either!
Our Dr. said that any children 8 & under needed a second dose... So, Owan received a 2nd dose too.
I think kids just need a second dose in the same season the first time they get it (either flu vaccine). Love the pink trike, we need to work on pedaling, it's kinda tough!
Post a Comment