UPDATE:
The doctor ran tests for Strep Throat (please, no!) and a Urinary Tract Infection (had no clue it could have been this). The swab for Strep was negative, but her throat is red so the doctor is going to run cultures and we'll know tomorrow. Same for the Urinary Tract Infection...it was inconclusive and cultures will be tested with results tomorrow.
The daycare called me at 3:30 this afternoon to inform me that Lauren was running a fever of 102. Perfect. Too late for me to make it to the doctor's office. I went to pick her up and it was a sad site. She was not feeling good at all. She was in the lobby area with one of the daycare workers watching the slideshow of pictures on the flat screen TV (the daycare is awesome... ).
So, we get home and we turn on the TV for cartoons. Poor little thing, she looks so sad laying on the bed looking at the TV. I gave her some Motrin to make her fever go down and it seems to have done the trick. Less than an hour later she ate supper and seems to be feeling much better. Very strange.
I'll take her to the doctor tomorrow anyway. I'm sure they'll tell me it's just a virus, but I'd always rather be safe than sorry. Especially since these seem to be the same symptoms she had just about a week ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment