Thursday, May 20, 2010

Painting with a Twist

For Mother's Day this year, my sister had the great idea to have a girls night out with just us and my mom.  It was wonderful!  The weekend after Mother's Day we headed down to Shreveport for a painting class.  It's called Painting with a Twist.  They teach you how to paint a picture on a canvas and then you get to take it home.  I was very nervous because I don't have an artistic bone in my body.  It was a 3 hour class and I had no idea how I was going to learn how and then proceed to paint a picture in this time frame.  But it was so fun!  I can't wait to do it again!

The weather was a little scary looking on the way there, but we managed to get inside right before the bottom fell out.






My finished painting... not completely happy with it, but at least you can tell what it is!


It's neat how each of our paintings turned out differently.  I love all of them!


While we home that weekend we got to spend some time with Papa too.
I love how she has her feet crossed just like him.  I think they are entranced in a riveting episode of Dora the Explorer in this picture.


We also got to see Mimi and Papa Steiner, but I didn't get a single picture from their house.  I need to do better next time.

No comments: