Friday, May 21, 2010

New Master Bedroom Furniture

After living out of rubber maid bins for the past several months, we finally invested in some new master bedroom furniture!  When we first got married we bought a really nice set from Bassett.  We have moved several times and it has held up beautifully, however, with each move we got a slightly bigger house.  And bigger houses need more furniture.  So we decided to divide up our old master bedroom set among the kid/guest room.  So, now one bedroom upstairs has the queen bed, my old dresser/mirror, and a night stand.  The other room, Lauren's current room, has Trey's old chest of drawers which she will no longer have to share.  I can't wait to organize her clothes in there this weekend!  The other nightstand is still in the other guest room upstairs because Lauren doesn't need it yet.  Anyway, the point is that each room has a full set of furniture and we got the new stuff.
The bed was delivered with the wrong set of legs.  You can barely see it, but Trey has the bed sitting on little 2x4 square boxes until they come back next week with the right legs.




Look!  Lauren is watching the History channel... it's not all cartoons all the time!


I guess she got bored with History.

The furniture looks black, but it's not.  It's a very dark chestnut (?) color.  I think it's actually called Coffee Bean.  The mattress sits WAY too high so we'll be investing in a shorter box springs. 

My dresser, on which the TV is sitting, came with a beautiful mirror.  But we are leaving the TV on top of the dresser and will use the mirror somewhere else in the house.  I think it would look great hanging on the entry way wall.



Now all we need to do is get some accessories and curtains and decorate that room!



1 comment:

The Proctors said...

I love your new furniture! Very pretty! We got new bedroom furniture last year and I'm so glad we did. We'll definitely use it for a long time! Lauren looks super cute on the bed!