Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Progress

We are making some progress on the never ending house project.  I told Trey last night that if he ever decided we needed to buy another house and remodel it (while living in it) that I wouldn't sign the papers.  Ha!  Oh... I'm kidding... but really, I'm not.  He just said the next house we have, we'll build. 

We are both very tired of house remodeling.  This is the 2nd house in five years that we've completely remodeled... from top to bottom.  And the house before this was brand new, BUT we did some minor construction in that one too.

This past weekend we got the new back doors painted and the new hardware installed.  We also got all the interior doors repainted and re-hung.

And last night, at about 9:15, Trey decided to start painting the dining room and entry way.  I thought he was joking, but he really did it.  I can't wait to have the rest of the downstairs painted!  We are hoping to get that done by the end of this long holiday weekend. 

Before the new paint the walls were a vanilla color.  I would compare it to a manilla folder, or the color of Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream.  In other words... boring and ugly.

It's okay Molly... don't move or anything.  :)


And... after... MUCH better!  The color is called Khaki... I know, it's totally original.  It's much warmer and cozy and just all around better.


I think it even makes the floors look better!


Of course there is still lots of cutting in and trim work to be done... but we can only do one thing at a time. 

No comments: