Tuesday, April 27, 2010

There is no way we're ready for this

A first kiss.  Well, to clarify, Lauren was on the receiving end of this kiss and I don't think she paid him any attention after he kissed her on the cheek.  I did one of those things where you double back and almost say outloud, Did I just see that???  I've seen this boy with his dad and baby brother in the mornings.  He is a sweetheart little boy and very nice therefore, I didn't holler at him to BACK OFF AND STEP AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER.  I just smiled and thought, Isn't that sweet?  This particular little boy is in the 3 year old class so I'm guessing he just missed seeing her every day since he promoted?  I have no idea why he kissed her this morning.

And then I thought, I'll bet this isn't the first time this has happened!  Panic set in and that's when I realized that in no way am I ready to have little boys hugging and kissing on my baby girl.

Oh, and her Daddy is gonna be like, WHAT THE?  WHY is there a boy kissing my DAUGHTER?

Oh, we are going to have to nip this in the bud.

1 comment:

The Proctors said...

That is so funny! We had the same thing happen with Landon around this age, but it was a little girl that was kissing him! Kids are too funny!
I love the new look of your blog. Also, I wanted to let you know that we got the outfit that Taylor had on in her pictures at Target! We heart Target! I even got her Easter dress there.