Nina and I took Lauren to see Disney on Ice on Saturday. It was great! I think we had great seats. We weren't on the floor, but after they did that smoke stuff I was glad we weren't. Nina bought Lauren a fun Minnie Mouse toy to commemorate the experience. She loved it, of course! I took a few pictures with my old camera and they were so grainy because the arena was dark.
While we were enjoying the show, Papa and Daddy were at home putting in the new back doors/patio doors at the house. That was a huge project because right after we bought the doors Trey realized that they weren't put together the way we wanted and he had to literally tear them apart and put them back together. I love knowing that he knows how to do this, but I hate that he had to do it. It was time consuming and hard work. But they are in and have been primed. We will need to put the finish coat of paint on them and put up the trim, but at least they are in! I love that transom above the doors. It lets in so much light! It's amazing how big the hole is for the doors when it's wide open!
Saturday night we stayed home and had pot roast for dinner. I did Pioneer Woman's pot roast recipe, but after searing it on the stove I put it on the crock pot because we left for Disney on Ice at 10:00 am for the 11:00 am show and I wasn't sure when we would be back home. It turned out just as good and tender as if I had cooked it in the oven. In fact, I think it might have turned out more tender! Nina brought us some deer meat, so next time I'll be using a deer roast. I love me some deer meat!
Saturday afternoon we played outside and enjoyed the nice weather. Tricycles, sidewalk chalk, and playing with the waterhose!
Nina and Papa went home on Sunday after lunch and we all took long naps. We can't wait to see them next month!











No comments:
Post a Comment