Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Meltdown

You should have seen her BEFORE these pictures were taken.  Big tears, huge meltdown. Oh my word, you would have thought I asked her to eat something horrible, instead of the Chicken Pot Pie that was for dinner.

"I don't like it, Maaaaaa-Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Sucks in some air.

"I want my shawclutt (chocolate) bunnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyy... WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Sucks in more air... sobbing... reaching for me to hold her.



As her parents, we probably did the wrong thing and just laughed.  We tried not to, but man, it was funny.  A total meltdown.  Over pot pie.  I knew she didn't like it, but I'm tired of having to fix her something different when we have something for dinner that she doesn't "care for" refuses to eat.

So after some calming down, on everyone's parts, she respectfully ate choked down some chicken and vegetables.

And then she got to eat some Easter bunny.


I have NO idea what's for dinner tonight... I don't even want to think about it yet.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Stay strong now! It will totally pay off when she's 12 and refuses to eat the food you prepare. BE STRONG! :o)

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Oh, it's bad when they discover candy. You'd think it would help that you have something to bribe her with - but no such luck. I'm sorry that your pot pie is so terrible it makes her cry! HA! Just kidding - I know how it is.