Thursday, April 08, 2010

Pollen woes

I guess I'm allergic to tree pollen.  I NEVER had this problem when we lived in La.  But now that I think about it I have had sinus issues and trouble pretty much since we moved up here.  I've had bronchitis at least twice in the past 3 years.  Right now I don't have the coughing... yet.  Oh but it's annoying not to be able to breathe out of my nose when I lay down.  And I hate breathing out of my mouth all night long.  It makes my mouth dry and I get a sore throat.  And Trey says I've been snoring, which, YAY! that is so attractive.  I haven't been taking any drugs because they make me feel dizzy and weird during the day and I'm so worn out at night from just trying to breathe all day I haven't taken anything at night either.  I'm not sure what would help anyway, so the netty pot and saline bottle have been my friend today.  It actually helps, even if it is a little gross.

4 comments:

The Alleman Family said...

I'm right there with ya! My eyes and ears feel like they're about to explode from all of the sinus pressure... And I'm on day 4 of antibiotics...

L and C said...

I feel your pain -- if you decide to take something, you might consider getting a doc to prescribe Allegra-D. It's a combination decongestant/antihistamine, so it's like taking Sudafed and Benedryl but not having the weird side effects of a full dose of either of those. It will make you forget you've ever had allergies!

Elizabeth said...

Zyrtec-D is similar to what's mentioned above, but OTC. I just started using the Neti Pot yesterday....feeling your pain, sister. No fun!
I remember the days in our Kidd dorm when one of us was sick...I almost hated being the sick one b/c I knew my coughing would keep you up at night. Not much room in that dorm room!

Anonymous said...

From what I understand, this is a horrible year for pollen. It is affecting everyone! Zyrtec has always worked for us! Give it a try!