Thursday, January 28, 2010

So I won't forget...

1. Lauren's favorite movie right now is Madagascar 2.  But she calls it "Move It".  And she can sing the words to the song, "I like 'em big, I like 'em chunky..."  It's so funny.  I'm going to have to capture that on video.  Oh sure, the song is kinda tacky, but it's funny and you know it.

2. She's also repeating a LOT of what we say.  Apparently I think lots of things are cute, so she is saying, "It's so cute!" all the time.

3. She loves to tote her baby doll around in the house.  She is such a mini-me.  She goes where I go, and her baby goes with her, on her hip too.  She is constantly wanting to feed her baby.  I guess all we do around here is eat!

4. Sometimes you just need some reading material while you are on the potty.  Lauren's book of choice is
The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  She says, "catta-killa"!  And she can usually read the book with me.  She knows what's on every page.  I think her favorite part is when the "catta-killa" POPS! out of the egg.  We usually bounce in our seats for that part!


5. Since having bought her the Tinkerbell panties, I bought her a Tinkerbell movie, which she prounouces "Tinkabayell".  She loves it!  And now she sometimes has a hard time deciding if she wants to watch "Move it" or Tinkerbell. 

6. When she wants to be picked up she still says, "Mama, I'un hold you!" or "I'una picky up!"  I love it.  Yes, baby, you can hold me anytime you want.

7.  We haven't moved her to a toddler bed yet... not sure when that will happen.  I'm not in any hurry to do it because she is such a wild sleeper some nights I think she might end up on the floor.  And if she's anything like me when I was a kid she'll start sleep walking and I don't even want to worry about that right now.  I guess when we do change her bed to a toddler bed we'll have to install a baby gate by the stairs so she doesn't wander down the hall in the wrong direction.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang on to those sweet days...they fly by so fast ;)
Susie harris~

meredith said...

My boys are Madagascar fans as well.
One day Justin was talking to a rather large man at a store and as he walked away Sawyer started singing "I like em big. I like em chunky."
Lovely. I was glad I wasn't there for that one.