She has been wearing the big girl panties for weeks now and she graduated to the padded panties at night. No more pull-ups, even at night and nap-time. I am so proud of my big girl! She is sleeping all the way through the night also, and not hollering for me in the middle of the night saying she has to Tee Tee. And waking up dry. Yea!
She is growing up so fast!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other important news, I think the volumizing shampoo I'm using in her hair is helping. No, I'm not crazy. Yes, I want my child's hair to be poofy. And YES I'm using just the basic Suave Volumizing Shampoo to wash her hair every day.
I have to wash her hair every night because it just gets yucky after being at "school" all day long. She plays with it while she eats and then they get all stinky if they get to play outside. It just needs to be washed. I was using the Johnson's Shampoo and Conditioner in the green bottle. The one for curly hair, but it just made her hair stick to her head. It was so flat. No girl, no matter the age, should have to have flat hair. Why don't they make a volumizing, tear free shampoo? If "they" do, I can't find it at my Wal-mart. But then again, I can't find anything at my Wal-mart.
Oh well, she does great in the tub and we haven't had any trouble getting soap or shampoo in her eyes. She knows to lean her head back so I can rinse her hair out. But since there is no conditioner in the shampoo anymore I'll just spray some detangler in her hair once we get out every other night. Just to keep it soft and tangle free. And if you must know, I'm using Pantene Detangler/Leave-in Conditioner. It's the same stuff I buy for myself. It works great!
These pictures are post-nap one Saturday. I wasn't really trying to get her hair to poof like that for a ponytail it just happened and I thought it was funny. But with her old shampoo we could never have achieved this!
Future Miss Arkansas!

1 comment:
"Future Miss Arkansas" Are you really going to be a pageant mom, Tracy??!? That would make me laugh, if you were one!
Thanks for all the important grooming info. I am sure to need all the tips if I have a girl!!
:o)
Post a Comment