Thursday, January 07, 2010

Got a little twang, twang, twwwaaaannngg!

We are living in Arkansas and we're from Louisiana, so a little twang in our vocabulary is quite natural, right?

WHALE NOW.  (Well now) 

I'm going to try and explain the twang that Lauren has developed recently.  It cracks me up.  One syllable words are always two syllables coming out of her sweet southern dainty voice.

When she wants to get down she'll say, "Mama, I wanna geet dow-un!"  If she wants to get out she'll say, "Mama, I wanna geet ow-ut!"

I know there are lots of other words, but it escapes me now.

By the way, I have no idea where she learned to talk like this.  It's not like she heard it fru-um me-yuh or anythang.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You will never be able to take that form of Arkansas out of that little darling :)

The Proctors said...

I love this! You should record her saying these things! I've been meaning to do that with Taylor. My favorite of hers is "yeah". It's "yea-uh." Very cute!