Monday, January 04, 2010

Resolutions/Goals for 2010

It feels weird to type 2010.  Although, it is much faster to type on my 10-key than 2009. 

I try not to make new year resolutions anymore.  I find that I don't get disappointed that way!  Usually I make a resolution and then I just fail at it miserably and then end up feeling like a loser because I fell off the wagon in March, or even as early as February.

1.  Ideally, I would love to join up with others and read the Bible in 90 days.  Realistically, I'm not going to set myself up for failure.  I will make it my goal to follow the recommended readings, but if I don't get it all done as suggested I won't beat myself up for it.

2.  Ideally, I would like to have a routine fitness program, but Ha!  Have you met me?  I HATE to excerise.  So WHY did I just order these new shoes?


Because I want to be more healthy this year.  And new shoes are my motivation to walk more.  Once these new shoes arrive (hopefully tomorrow, yippee!!!), I'm making the goal of walking on the treadmill at work (and outside once it get warm enough) at least 3 times a week, during my lunch hour.  Most the time I just sit at my desk and eat and continue working or browse the internet.  I know, it's sad.

3.  Along with the Healthy goal of number 2, I am going to try to eat better, and drinking LOTS of water.  I've pretty much weaned myself off Diet Coke already.  I don't buy the 12 packs at the store anymore and I try not to have cash with me so I'm not tempted to snatch one out of the vending machine.  Hopefully I'll be able to increase my servings of fruits and vegetables every day.  I do a pretty good job of making sure Lauren eats a balanced diet... so I really should set a better example.

Oh, sure - these are the some of the same goals I had last year, but this time I am going to try a different approach.  Since I have written them down I'll be able to hold myself more accountable to it.  Hopefully I'll check back each month and see my progress.

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

Oh, I am so with you on the drinking more water. My habit is even worse...I bypass the diet and go straight for the real Coke! I'm on 8 days and counting of no caffeine. That will probably go right out the window when school starts next week.