So, I fell down the stairs this morning. It sounds so dramatic. It was quite scary, but I think I only fell down 2 or 3 stairs. I really don't know where I was in terms of how many were left. I'm guessing that's why I fell. I was carrying Lauren, her blankets, her jacket, and my big 'ole purse. We have about 6 or 7 stairs that lead to the garage from the entry to the house into the kitchen.
It's really a blessing that my car wasn't parked in the garage this morning. I was a little irritated that it got left out in the cold, but honestly, if my car had been parked in that spot we would have landed on top of the hood. And THAT could have been bad. We would have dent the hood for sure, or rolled off the top and then hit the concrete. Hitting the concrete from where we fell was bad enough.
Thankfully I was carrying Lauren instead of holding her hand down the stairs. I think it would have been worse I had been holding her hand. I'm guessing I would have drug her down with me; a much worse fate. I'm just so glad she wasn't hurt at alll!
I don't think Lauren knew what to think. To be honest, I didn't either. One minute we are heading to the car coming down the stairs and the next minute we are sitting on the floor of the garage. I was pretty stunned, so I just sat there a minute, assessing the situation. I looked at Lauren and she looked at me, with a very surprised look on her face. I asked her if she was okay, and she said Yes. I think she said, "What happened, Mama?" I'm pretty sure I said, "I don't know! Mama fell down the stairs!" So, I just stood her up and then I got up slowly and dusted myself off. Then we just slowly walked to the car and off we went.
But I can tell I'm going to be hurting tomorrow. My whole left side from my lower back, down through my hip, leg, and ankle are hurting already. And my right leg is a little sore too, I'm guessing from the way I fell.
Oh well, it could have been a lot worse! But what a way to start a Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment