Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm not nosey... just curious, seriously

Does anyone know what happened to Jennifer Knapp?  Does anyone else remember her?  She had a few CDs.  I'm thinking about her because I got a new iPod for Christmas (my first MP3 player, I know I'm a technically challenged almost 30 year old - I can't believe that.  Not about the MP3 player thing, but about the 30 thing!!!)  My sweet, generous sister - who totally broke the rules of the Secret Santa exchange and bought me a gift - gave it to me.  I love it.  I love my sister more than she knows.

ANYWAY.

I'm listening to Jennifer Knapp's song Refine Me and I just remembered how much I love this song.  How much it applies to me.  How much it applies to my sinful nature.  How greatful I am that His mercies are new each morning.

I think I've hit the Repeat button (three clicks on the shuffle) three times now.  I won't copy all the lyrics here, but I'll leave you with the chorus.

Lord, come with Your fire,
burn my desires; refine me
Lord, my will has deceived me
Please come and free me
Come rescue this child
For I long to be reconciled to You

Updated: Oh the power of the Google!  Jennifer Knapp is releasing an album in 2010!  YAY!  She has a great unique sound to me and I just love it.

1 comment:

L and C said...

It's so funny that you ask about JK -- I listen to our Christian music station all the time, and I heard the DJ recently talking about her new CD that will be coming out soon. He mentioned that she had taken a self-imposed 5 year hiatus from the music business to recharge and refocus. I guess it caught my attention because Jennifer Knapp makes me think of Will Nipper. Random, I know.