Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lauren stories

1.  Lauren bit a plain M&M in half and looked at the inside and said, "Mama, what's that?"  I told her it was chocolate.  She said, "I like chocolate! Mama likes chocolate too!"
Yes, baby, Mama likes chocolate too.  :)

2.  Because a Puppy likes to wear shoes too.


3.  Lately Lauren likes to pretend she is putting something in her mouth and chewing on it.  I asked her what she was doing the other day and she said, "That's gum Mama.  I chewing gum."  She told me that Mama and Daddy like gum... and she likes it too.  :)

4.  Potty training is in full swing.  So far she is doing great!  Yesterday was her first day to wear panties to school.  She had 3 accidents, which the teacher told me was pretty good considering it was her first full day in panties.  Today she only had one accident.  Yay!  She might not have had that accident if the teacher had understood what she said, poor thing.  Lauren told her, "I need to go tee tee." and the teacher said she thought Lauren said, "Aiden bite me."  So, she was trying to figure out where Lauren got bit.

So far the best incentive for Lauren to use the potty is her Elmo underwear.  That girl loves some Elmo panties!  We are still wearing night time Pull Ups, but not having anything to drink after 6:30 pm.  Yesterday morning she woke up dry!

5.  One problem - still we are having small bedtime battles.  She is the worst at dilly dallying around!  I put her in the bed and try to cover her up and she says she doesn't want to cover up.  So then I tell her nite nite and then turn around and she immediately says she wants me to cover her up.  She's toying and testing me and she knows it.  I finally get out of the room and 2 minutes later she is hollering for me.  I go in there trying to be all stern and she says, "I need to tee tee, Mama."  And I KNOW she doesn't have to go because she already went.  But we are potty training, so I cave and put her little butt on the toilet and of course she doesn't have to go.  So at this point I'm irrated because she baited me and won.  I have got to start just telling her No, right?  I mean... otherwise she is going to really start trying to get away with things.  She doesn't understand the concept of "telling the truth", but she is being deceitful and I think she knows it.  She knows she doesn't have to potty but she says it anyway just to get out of the bed for a few more minutes.  I hope it's just a phase... but I guess I'm going to have to start getting tougher.  Not mean, but a very calm and tougher Mommy.  Say a prayer.  :)



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I have an idea about story #5. Before you put her in her bed, ask her if she has to go potty. Tell her that if she starts crying to go potty in a few minutes, you won't be taking her out of her bed. Potty now. No potty later. :)

Oh... and that last picture of her makes me think of the kid in The Christmas Story... "I can't put my arms down!" Hahahaa