Monday, April 06, 2009

The Loot!

Friday was my "off Friday" (I have every other Friday off). Hallelujah. Amen. It was wonderful. Lauren and I made our weekly run to Wal-mart. I do love Wal-mart. She said "Hi!" to everybody! It's really cute.

The rest of the day was spent cooking and playing. There was an hour or so in the middle where Lauren refused to take a nap. We compromised and finally she passed out around 2:45. Whew!

I made Banana Bread, Blonde Brownies, and Pot Roast. The Pot Roast was amazing, if I am allowed to toot my own horn. TOOT-TOOT!!!

Saturday Lauren and I hit the town to spend some of my birthday money that had literally been burning a hole in my pocket. The hole was so big I had to buy new pants. :) And so I did. And while I was at it I bought some new shoes. I can't wait to wear them when it gets warmer. Warm weather where are you??? My freshly painted toenails and new strappy sandals are dying to make their appearance from the box inside my closet. Soon...

I am a girl with an eye for a bargain. I typically don't buy shoes/clothes unless they are on sale. It pains me to think that something I might pay full price for will go on sale and I will have missed the bargain. So, I don't go shopping unless I plan to buy and it must be marked down. I broke that rule in Old Navy however when I bought a pair of khaki pants. But they were only 29.50 so I can live with that. I bought some new springy tops at Khol's and shorts and capris from Target. I am a S.U.C.K.E.R for Mossimo. It's tatooed on my forhead.

And the shoes!!! I got 2 pair of brown sandals and 2 pair of black sandals for $85.00!!!! I feel like that is an amazing deal. I love Shoe Carnival's buy 1 get 1 for 1/2 off. Yay!!! I will take some pics of my new kicks tonight if I can remember.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I made banana bread this weekend too! Well, banana bread muffins with chocolate chips. Also, please post a pic of your black sandals. Black sandals are my unicorn...I can never seem to find a pair, summer after summer. This year I have settled on black flip flops to do me until I come accross the "perfect pair."