We've been busy... chasing cats and coons away. Literally.
The new house is... in the country, so to speak. There are woods, lots of woods around our house. I did not anticipate any wild life to wander into the yard, but they are brave!
We keep (kept) Molly's food container outside the first week in the new house. Trey would go out in the mornings to feed Molly and notice that they door to the container was open. He thought that was a little strange, but just went on about his day.
Then the motion light on the shop in the backyard kept going off in the middle of the night. And that's when Trey discovered the racoon coming around. Apparently they had been helping themselves to some Purina Dog Chow in the middle of the night. So we put the food inside the shop instead of on the porch. The next night (or so) the motion light went off again and we snuck into the living room to see if we could catch a peek at the little night stalker and there it was!
He was in front of the door to the shop trying to push it open! I'm sure if Molly had been in the yard he would not have been that brave... surely not. But Molly was safe inside snoozing away, I'm sure. I have no pictures of the little guy, but he sure was cute.
Yes, I realize racoons carry diseases but I still think they are too cute.
And, ah yes, the CAT. Let me preface this by saying that we are not cat people. I don't dislike cats, I just don't want one. I have a big dog and she has already decided that she is not fond of cats.
Apparently the previous owners of our house felt sorry for, and fed a stray cat AND allowed it to live in their shop (which now belongs to us). Umm... yea, we didn't know about this cat until after we moved in. It is a pretty cat with grayish black fur and a long fluffy tale. But Molly chased it up a tree in the middle of the night and barked for what seemed like an eternity and therefore the cat has to go.
The question is... what do we do with it? If we feel sorry for it and feed it, it will keep coming back... Trey has threatened me within an inch of my life not to feed that cat because he knows I feel sorry for it. I told you... it's a pretty cat.
I don't think it's very people oriented though... having lived outside all this time. I have no idea how old it is. If we just refuse to feed it will it go away and find another home? It's a vocal cat though... it likes to meow, a lot.
Lauren likes the cat though... she squealed every time it came to the back door the other day.
3 comments:
Tracy - do you have an above ground pool?
No, it's an in ground pool. In the picture you are seeing the deck/back porch. There are steps that lead down to the pool.
The cat.... We weren't into cats either until 1 was injured on our fronch porch for about 3 days. I finally had to take her to the vet because I didn't want the girls finding a dead cat when they went outside. Long story short, she's been ours for 2 years now... And we adopted another from the shelter. Anyway, if you really want to be rid of the cat you can call the animal shelter and they'll come put a humane trap out... Or you could do it yourself and then take it to the shelter...
Post a Comment