We are coming up on 2 1/2 weeks of being a pacifier-free household. Well, you know, until we have another baby and then we'll be back in the land of the paci. It has gone well. I have not once given in and given it to her. Even on the nights when she has screamed and cried for an hour before falling asleep. On those nights I just gritted my teeth and tried to soothe her without the "plug". Some nights I have had to rock her to sleep. Other nights, not even that worked. One night her Daddy went in there (he had grown tired of hearing her scream) and after he left the room she quit crying. SWEET. She is learning that Daddy means business. I guess she has figured out that Mama is the softy. Oh well.
However, last night (we got home late due to an uninspiring house hunting search... that's another story) I put her to bed and she started that fussy, whiny, screaming thing she does just after I shut her door. I was not particulary in the mood for a battle. So I opened the door back up and in a firm, but loving voice I said, "Lauren, no ma'am, we are not going to fuss tonight. It's time for Nite-Nite. I love you. No fussing. Nite-Nite." I closed the door and I didn't hear another peep.
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!! VICTORY, VICTORY, THAT'S OUR CRY!!!
I felt like doing a cartwheel. And I might have, had the coffee table not been in my way. :)
3 comments:
Awesome!! and i love the cheer!!
That is wonderful!! I'm cracking up at your cartwheel line! I want to start getting rid of the paci so badly, but I just don't know if I have the strength to not give it. Taylor is so addicted to hers for naptime & night time. Ugh!! I know I need to start sometime and reading what you did has helped me alot!
YAY! Very exciting - no paci! What a big girl!
Post a Comment