Monday, December 08, 2008

Connect the dots?

So I went grocery shopping with Lauren on Friday evening while Trey was ripping out wood flooring. Lauren and I can't stand the sound or smell... so we had to leave when daddy got after it. :)

Keep in mind that Lauren had her laser surgery on Friday, so she's got the laser marks on her pretty face.

I'm in the frozen foods section and a older couple walks by... staring, because everyone stares when we are out and about after laser treatments. So, Lauren's holding my pen for the shopping list, being a big helper... and the old man says, "Is she writing all over her face with that pen?" (with a look of shock on his face)

Here's what I wanted to say, "Yes, because I encourage her to be expressive... so I marked her face with dots and then told her to connect them. SERIOUSLY?"

Here's what I actually said, while smiling, "No, she had laser surgery today for a birthmark on her face and those are the dots from the laser."

GRRR... sometimes I really just want to stop being nice about this and say what I really think. And I REALLY want to start staring at the folks that stare at her. I mean, what is wrong with people? I know we draw attention to ourselves when we go out in public after having this done, but I REFUSE to hide out in our house because the rest of the world doesn't know how to act.

I mean, what happened to the rule of "Don't stare, it isn't nice." ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I guess I'm the only one who's mama raised me right.



I'm off my soapbox now. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arggh!! I'm sorry that you have to listen to other people say things like that. Need they gawk or even ask what is up?! That is frustrating.