Friday, December 05, 2008

This week was a blur...

This week went by so fast. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving was just over a week ago, but it seems longer than that. WHEW! I don't think I took a deep breath all week. I'm glad it's over, and I'm glad I didn't have to work today! Woohoo!!!


Lauren's 4th laser treatment for the PWS (Port Wine Stain) birthmarks was first thing this morning. It was the earliest and fastest appointment we have ever had! She did great! She is such a little trooper when it comes to this. The Dr. said that since the fading is going really well, she won't have to have another treatment for 6 months instead of every 3 months like we have been doing. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I'm glad... I hate handing her to a nurse knowing that she will be put to sleep and wake up mad and with red dots all over her sweet face. On the other hand, I wonder if we should keep doing the treatments every 3 months since it is going this well. But I guess the Dr. knows best.


I'm ready for Christmas. Mostly because I'm ready to relax. I'm not entirely prepared for Christmas to be here, but I'm hoping to be fully prepared by the end of the weekend. I only have a few more gifts to get. Yea!


I'm not sure if we will get to put up a Christmas tree this year. Because, well, we don't have one anymore. I threw out the old Christmas tree last year because it had become a Charlie Brown tree. It was so sad looking. And then I didn't buy a new one. And now it's Dec. 5th... and all the decor is still in the attic. And there is no furniture in the living room (because we are in the middle of tearing out the hardwood to put down carpet). So, I have no place to put a tree. AND we don't even stay in town for Christmas. AND Lauren will never remember that at her second Christmas there was no tree at her house. Does it sound like I'm trying to justify this? Well, I am. Because really... Christmas is not about a tree or presents. It's about CHRIST and His birth and so right now I am not really bothered about not having a tree. I am not anti-tree, next year we will have one. But this year... well I just don't see it happening.

SO - here's a picture from last year...

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." Oh wait... that's a closed gas fireplace. Oh well.

Incidentally... do you see that wood floor in the picture? Yes, THAT is what we are replacing. Call me crazy if you want to, but I like CARPET in my living room. It's warmer, softer, and more cozy feeling. Less formal. And we are casual people. (No worries, we are leaving it in the office and dining room.)

1 comment:

The Proctors said...

I'm so glad Lauren's treatments are going so well! Also, don't worry about not having a tree. I bet you will be able to find a good deal on a tree after Christmas is over, too! I just had to comment because we are so similar about the carpet vs. hardwoods. We are probably the only house in our neighborhood that has carpet in the living room. I specifically wanted it that way! Hardwoods are beautiful and we have them in our foyer and dining room, but like you...I had to have carpet in the living room!