Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Progress on The New Wall

I have made mention that "we" (this means Trey b/c he does all the work) are putting up a wall between our dining room and living room. Before it was just open space. We did not care for this too much. I wanted the living room to be more cozy and less BIG open space. Plus, we have yet to figure out how to arrange our furniture in this room as it is. We have pretty much decided that we will need new furniture and a bigger flat screen TV to hang over the fireplace. But the starting point is puttin up this wall. And it has begun. I am hoping that "we" will be able to get it complete before Christmas. That seems like a long time to you? Well, it's not! That's only 9 weekends away. And one of those contains a holiday. Another one is for Lauren's next laser treatment. YIKES! We need to get busy! If only we didn't have these pesky things called jobs.
So, here are some pics of the progress. I don't have a good before pic with me, but you can tell what it did look like with no wall... just use your imagination.

Framing. Check.


French doors. Check.

Sheet rock. Check.
View from front door. Gives the living room more privacy. And no... that angled piece of sheetrock was cut off.



See? Angle piece gone. Sheetrock Taped. Check. First layer of mud on the wall. Looks great!

The plans for these rooms? The "dining room" will be the new office. We figure that since we don't typically entertain we don't need a dining room. We'll just get a bigger kitchen dining table and call it a day. And maybe a couple of bar stools. The current office will be the guest room. The current guest room will be the next kiddos room (no... it's not on the way!). But I'm glad we are starting this renovation early.

Are you asking yourself, Where did their TV go? Because we all know that Trey needs to watch the History channel often. Well, we have moved the TV and cabinet into the office for now. There was already a sofa in there. That's where we'll hang out until the renovation is complete.

4 comments:

The Proctors said...

I think you are making great progress! From the looks of your pictures, I think your house is set up similar to ours. We have the openness from the dining to living room and have had the hardest time trying to set up furniture. Umm..a wall might be an option! You'll have to check out my comment on Lauren's hair below!

The Proctors said...

Oh yeah....I forgot to mention that I may be copying your blog about Lauren's hair. I've got to do something with Taylor's and I need some advice!

Robin said...

Looks great!! =)

LA and BD said...

WOW - that is going to look great! I know, those pesky job things really get in the way of home improvement projects, huh?! ;) ~LA