So Verizon is buying Alltel. To most of you that means nothing. But to us that has been BIG news. Since I work at Alltel's corporate office in Little Rock, AR that most likely means the elimination of my job sometime in the next near or so. It is an awesome thing that we serve a great and might GOD who takes care of us and, thankfully, knows the future. We are blessed beyond belief and I am still amazed each time I think about how He has taken care of us everywhere we have been. Here's the story:


The Friday before Memorial day I got an email from a man that I had interviewed with more than a year ago at Entergy. I must have left a good impression with him, because although I did not get hired with them a year ago (God's plan), he kept my resume and over a year later he emails me to tell me he has a position open, am I interested? At first I didn't think I was... I have a good job at Alltel and we just moved to Bryant and this job is in Pine Bluff (where Trey works). But I emailed him back because "you never know". So I went down to his office to talk to him about the job on Wednesday, June 4th. After talking to him I was very interested in the position. His offer was too good to pass up. So after getting home I emailed him to thank him for taking time to talk to me and I get a call from a friend who says, "Did you see the news that came out? It looks like Verizon is going to try to buy Alltel!" THAT is incredible. The next day, Thursday, June 5th the news breaks that Verizon IS buying Alltel and we (employees) find out the same day as the rest of the world that we have been purchased and with this merger makes the largest wireless company in the country. So, the man from Entergy calls me that afternoon to officially offer me the job... did I have to think about it? Um --- NO. Even if my job does not get eliminated (slim chance of that happening) I would have taken the job in Pine Bluff. Trey and I will get to ride to work together every day and I'll get every other Friday off. Plus I will get a raise and will have no direct reports... sounds GREAT!!! I am really looking forward to it! And I have a great testimony to God's timing and His plans for us. AMAZING!!!
That being said... since we will both be working in Pine Bluff it doesn't make much sense to commute from Bryant every day. It will be almost an hour drive in the morning and afternoon. That is just TOO much time in the car. So, the house that we just bought in October will be going up for sale soon. If you know anyone that wants to relocate to Bryant, AR we would be happy to sell our house to them. 4 bedroom/2 bathroom and open floor plan. Great neighborhood and close to everything!
2 comments:
Congrats on the new job! I'm glad everything is going so smoothly! Good luck selling your house! ~LA
That is awesome! God is so good and He knew exactly what He was doing!! I'll pray that you guys sell your house quickly and that it will be an easy transition into your new job!
Post a Comment