Thursday, February 21, 2008

6 months old TODAY!




Lauren is 6 months old today. It has really gone by so fast!!! She had her 6 month checkup today... shots and all. She weighs 14 pounds and 1 ounce. She still has not doubled her birth weight in 6 months!!! The doctor is not really worried because she has always been petite. She is in the 20th percentile for weight, 25th for length and 50th for head size. Our baby girl is just small and that's okay. At least she's growing.




ALTHOUGH... we are having a terrible time trying to get her to eat baby food. She is not a fan and has not been one since day one of starting (which was about 2 months ago). She pretty much spits out whatever we put in her mouth. Allow me to demonstrate:



Do you see my frustration? She has a GREAT time... but I don't think she is getting hardly anything down. The doctor told us today that if she is not doing better then we might have to see a feeding specialist. ??? Ugh... I hope Lauren gets better at eating. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.



In other news... I was told that I was a LASIK candidate by one eye center (a very reputable one in Little Rock)... then today I went to TLC for a second opinion (just to be sure) and they tell me that they won't touch my eyes because my corneas are too thin. SO.... What were the other folks gonna do??? I am seriously disappointed, but more angry at the first place for telling me I could have it done when it apparently is NOT a good idea. So, I guess I'll try wearing contacts again if I can find some that don't make my eyes all red and bloodshot. If not then I'm just gonna spring for a really nice pair of glasses and sunglasses and call it a day.


Some pics of us and Lauren... she is so cute.



3 comments:

Warren & Jennifer said...

Wow! 6 months already...she is so cute and having so much fun!

Ashley said...

Great post, love the pics!

meredith said...

She is so cute! I don't have any advice about the feeding because my boys have always loved to eat, sometimes too much. She is still really young so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have heard that all they really need is milk for the first year anyway.