Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Swim Lessons

So, I mentioned that Lauren started swimming lessons yesterday.  She was so excited!  I was going to try and go watch her, but I didn't make it in time.  And besides, they don't really let the parents close enough to see anything until the last 5 minutes of the lesson.  I'm planning to go back another day.

Anyway, so I wasn't able to make it yesterday, so I went to sit with her during lunch instead.  I wanted her to tell me all about it.

Let me begin by saying that Lauren thinks she can swim.  Because at home she has floaties on and jumps right in, no problem.  She has become quite brave in the water.  Fast forward to her lesson yesterday morning and she tells me that she "sinked."  Say what?

Apparently all the kids (there are only 3 or 4 in the class) were sitting on the edge of the pool, waiting to get in.  I guess Lauren got antsy and decided she was ready to swim and the girl jumped in the pool!  Of course she "sinked"!!!  Thankfully the instructor was right there and got her.

And then she did it again!  Who is this child?  I was terrified, I mean terrified to get my face wet as kid.  I would never have jumped in like that, but my girl is apparently fearless.  And didn't learn her lesson the first time.  She said it scared her, but she was ready to do swim lessons again!

CRAZY!

No comments: