Tuesday, March 08, 2011

35 days and counting down

1.  35 days from today is the big day!  Oh my word, I don't know if I'm going to make it.  Seriously, I don't want Catherine to come before she's ready, but my feet and legs are about to explode from all the fluid.  I'm busting out of all my shoes, it's awful.  I think it's worse that it was with Lauren.  For example, at my checkup last week I had gained 5 pounds... in a 2 week time period.  Ya'll, I'm not eating that much.  There is not that much room left to pack away food like that!  I.IS.SWOLE.  From head to toe.  And the last day or so I've been monitoring my blood pressure (we have a machine at home and one at work too) because I can feel a little bit of difference.  My normal reading is around 100/60 (and sometimes lower), but in the past couple of days it's been closer to 120ish/80ish.  I realize that's typical for the average person, but because mine is usually lower than that I wanted to keep track of it.

Visual proof of the severity of the swelling (the left foot/leg is much worse than the right):



(Wow, I can't believe I just posted those photos... it's so embarrassing how fat my feet are right now!)

2.  I'm making my list for my "go-bag" for the hospital.  I have a few toiletry type items I need to pick up, but in general I think I have everything I need.  I might get a new nightgown or robe though.  I'm sure I'll forget something though... I guess I just need to think of it as going to stay at a hotel for a few days, ha!.  That might help my thought process.
Here is my super cute duffle bag for the hospital.  It's from my sweet sister for my birthday!  I love it!!!  She gave me the matching tote bag too so I'll have plenty of room for all the stuff I'll need at the hospital.  I can't wait to pack it! 

3. This time around I'm going to pack a few things for Catherine... little outfits and hats and things.  I was so naive with Lauren I didn't know we were allowed to dress them in their own clothes at the hospital!  Poor Lauren only had one outfit at the hospital for her picture to be made in.  I guess it's not really a huge deal.  They are swaddled the whole time anyway.  But anything is cuter than that little white t-shirt they put them in.  I would like to get a cute little pink cap too... something more than the generic hospital one.

4. I think we are all prepared at the house (as far as I know...).  The only thing to be brought down from upstairs storage is the swing and that's no big deal.  Everything else is ready to go!  We just need to learn how to install the new carseat and we'll be all set!

5.  Lauren is getting ready for "her" baby to get here.  She walks up to me a lot and puts her hands on my belly waiting for Catherine to move so she can feel her.  It is the sweetest thing.  She's not quite understanding how Catherine is going to get out of my belly though.  Thankfully since I'm having a c-section it's a bit easier to explain.  I'm not sure how I would even attempt to tell her how it works "naturally"... ha!

6. I am hoping to get over this sinus/congestion issue I've been fighting for a week and a half now.  I was able to get a z-pack from the doctor, thank goodness, and it has helped tremendously.  I don't have the horrible sinus headaches, pressure, and earaches that I had over the weekend.  It was a lovely way to spend a long weekend... and my birthday weekend at that!

7.  I did, however, manage to burn my tongue by sleeping with a cough drop in my mouth every night for over a week.  My word, it is SORE and all red and terrible looking too!  I thought I was doing good by using the Halls Fruit Breezers instead of the menthol ones, but they burned it just the same.  Hopefully it will feel like normal in another day or so.  OUCH.

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

Uggggh - I am sorry you are so uncomfortable!

But your bag for the hospital is REALLY CUTE!