Friday, January 21, 2011

Vanessa - In Loving Memory

March 21, 1979 - January 20, 2011

I can't fathom the reasoning God has to take away a brand new mother from her 5 month old baby boy, but I am clinging to the fact that His ways are not our ways.  Vanessa was one of my very best friends in high school.  We had lost touch in recent years, but had reconnected through our blogs and on Facebook. 

She fought cancer (Lymphoma/Luekemia) hard and won the fight the first go round.  God blessed her with a miracle baby boy that doctors said was impossible for her to have.  But then the cancer came back at the end of her pregnancy.  She had a bone marrow transplant back in December and things were hopeful.  But things quickly deteriated after Christmas.  Yesterday her lungs began to fail and she was put on a respirator.  But she went to be with Jesus last night, as her husband says, with a smile on her face.  He believes she saw Jesus as she left this earth and entered Heaven.

She was an amazing woman, with strength beyond belief.  She was also a tremendously loyal friend.  I have so many great memories of her that I will treasure forever.  May God give comfort and peace to her family.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 
Romans 8:28

I love you Vanessa.

1 comment:

LA and BD said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend! I hope the memories of her bring you comfort.