Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a quick and fast paced Thanksgiving this year!  It always seems that way.  I wish we could slow it down just a little bit.  But we had a great time with our families and can't wait to see them again at Christmas!

We arrived at Nina and Papa's house on Wednesday night and visited a little bit before it was time to go to bed.  Lauren was excited and READY to be there!  I think she started asking, "Are we there yet?" about 30 minutes into the 4 hour drive.  Then she fell asleep about 15 minutes before we pulled into the driveway.  Bless her heart (bless ALL our hearts, it was a long drive!)  :)

She was snuggling with Daddy on Thursday morning, waiting for her Aunt, Uncle, and cousins to show up and play!  She is a good little snuggler. 

Before it started raining we went outside and tried to get a Christmas card picture, but alas, I didn't like any one of them enough to make into a card.  So, this year, Lauren will get to be the star of the Christmas card.  It's her last year as the "only child", so I think she should get to be center stage.  Next year she'll have to share the spotlight with her little sister!

Here are some runner up family pictures:




The kids played some more outside after lunch.  I guess it didn't rain too hard because the grass was dry by the time we were finished eating!








More family pictures (somehow Nina didn't get her picture made with her girls... :(  )


(There is a whole series of pictures with this one... Jen was helping me get my hands situated!  They didn't want to cooperate at all.)





After lots of lunch and desserts and more pictures and playing, we headed over to Mimi and Papa's house for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was nice to be able to visit with Papa and get to see Trey's brothers.  His sister was not able to make it this year, but we are hoping to see her at Christmas time!
Papa fixed the entire meal himself!  It was great and we were so stuffed from the entire day of eating.

Lauren is learning to play guitar with Uncle Jason. 






I just realized that I don't have a picture of her with her Aunt Livy!  I will have to remedy that at Christmas.  And also I need to get a picture of Jason and Livy together.  They are a really cute couple, even if Jason robbed the cradle with her!  I don't know how she puts up with that beard though... I thought for SURE he was going to be playing Jesus in the Christmas musical at church or something with that thing.  Ha!

Sitting in the recliner with Papa... I think they were actually looking at a hunting magazine.  And Papa was eyeballing a new truck.  Lauren told him that he should buy that.  :)




We stayed with Mimi and Papa until Saturday afternoon then headed back home.  It was nice to have a full day at home before heading back to work this week.  We had a very good Thanksgiving and were very thankful for all our blessings!



No comments: