Thursday, July 01, 2010

Water Play Day

Today is Thursday.  It's Water Play Day at school for Lauren.  This is the SECOND Thursday in a row that I have forgotten to bring Lauren's swim suit and towel.  I don't know if my brain is dead by Thursday or what... (am I not getting enough sleep?)  It's an awful good thing that we keep a few changes of clothes in her cubby.  It's also a good thing that I'm pretty laid back and just told the teachers to please just change her into her spare clothes for water play.  She can get soaked to the bone if she wants to and then change back into her regular clothes.  No big deal!  We can roll with the punches here.

Let me tell you what is not a good thing... the daycare teacher smiling and telling me that I'm just not a good Mama for forgetting again.  Oh, I KNOW she was seriously joking.  She does not really believe that I am bad Mama.  But I wish she had not said that to begin with.  Just because.

Mothers suffer from guilt.  I know I'm probably not the only one.  I have a million other things that I feel guilty about as a mother.  Forgetting Lauren's swim clothes on Water Play Day does not need to be added to that LARGE stack of guilt.

Sigh.  Here's hoping that I will remember next Thursday!

3 comments:

The Alleman Family said...

To help, set up a reminder on your phone to go off on Wednesday evening AND early Thursday morning :)

Elizabeth said...

How about making it to DisneyWorld with no underwear, socks, or belt for the 10 year old (this was 3 years ago)?!?! But...the boys packed his bag, so I'm not responsible!

Vanessa said...

Go to Walmart...get her a cheap swimsuit and leave it at daycare for the Thursday's you forget :)