Five Quick Takes on a Friday:
- 1 -
Oh, my sweet Lauren... how sassy you are becoming. And even more dramatic!
You are my little mini-me and you typically want me right-by-your-side.
"Mommy! I need some HULP (help)!!!" - we hear this often.
And then last night you were playing with your babies, per usual. You put them
down to sleep and then, very loudly, announced the following:
"Mommy, you be QUIET! Babies are sleeping!"
- 2 -
Lauren crawled up into the loveseat last night and snuggled between her Daddy and me.
She sat still for a little while and I loved every minute of it. We were all so snug,
like a bug in a rug.
- 3 -
My flowers in the backyard flower bed looked like this in April, so pretty!!!
And now they are so wilted and burnt looking. I think the sun has killed my Hosta. Of course I know the azalea wouldn't be blooming still, but this heat has been oppresive these plants.
Oh well.
- 4 -
Last night, everyone in the house went to bed before 8:30.
That never happens! It was glorious. Yes, it was still light outside.
When Lauren woke up at around 10:15 hollering at me that she had to tee-tee,
I didn't even hear her. I could have sworn it was the middle of the night.
Thankfully, she always goes right back to sleep.
- 5 -
I'm getting a new pair of glasses next week. Yes, I mentioned awhile back that I had ordered a new pair, but as it turns out, they did not work out very well. Inadvertently, I bought a pair that looked almost identical to the ones I currently wear. But that's not the reason they didn't work out. In a nutshell, they SMOOSHED my eyelashes (who knew I had such long eyelashes?). It was so unbearable that I took them back to the eyeglasses store and begged and pleaded for an exchange. They refused. So I begged and pleaded and begged and pleaded (did I mention I begged?) with my insurance company to help me. By some miracle, they granted an exception. So, I got to pick out a new pair (wire frames this time... with the adjustable nose pads so HOPEFULLY they don't rub my eyelashes, pushing me to the brink of insanity). I should be able to pick them up next week! Yea! I will take some pictures when I get them and show you the new me.
Of course, this is how I would prefer to look everyday. In your dreams, Tracy, in your dreams.
And these are my current glasses... I still like them, I just wanted to get a new look, since I've had these for two years.
And these were the "new" glasses I picked out. They really did look different (to me). They were a little different color, different shape, and smaller. But I'm sure no one can see the differences but me. At least that's what Trey told me. Ha!
(I'm not sure why I am smiling in this picture... I was not happy with the glasses,
but I hate to take a frowning picture!)


1 comment:
Okay, first off I think you look great with your glasses! Very stylish really. Can't wait to see the new ones. Second, your flowers are gorgeous! Makes me want to plant some hostas and azeleas. The sun pretty much fries everything this time of year. You gotta love getting some snuggle time!
Post a Comment