Thursday, June 03, 2010

Open the Eyes of my Heart, Lord

Lauren LOVES to sing.  She just loves it.  She will sing songs all day long.  And sometimes she sings LOUD.  Sometimes we have to try and figure out the song she is singing.  Some are easy songs, like her ABC's and Wheels on the Bus.  And then others just make me want to sing right along with her.

Like last night.  At the dinner table.  She busted out the Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord song.  I wish I'd had the video camera right there. 

She sang:
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see you
I want to see you

She sang it over and over again.  And Trey and I looked at each other and just smiled.  I asked her where she learned that song (I think it's on a Veggie Tales worship CD, and possibly on the Selah CD she listens to while falling asleep), and she said she learned it at home.

Bless her heart, she blessed our hearts.  And she had no idea she helped to open the eyes of my heart last night.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awwwwww! I got a lil choked up! My sweet neice said what her mama needed to hear this week! Someone is listening upstairs...