Monday, March 22, 2010

I don't know why I'm surprised

***Update***
I do not deny that there are some good things in this Health Care Reform bill; however, I believe that when the majority of Americans do not agree with it, it should not be passed.  And there is just too much in this bill that is unknown.


I honestly thought it wouldn't pass, but it did.  I was trying to think the BEST of our Congress, but I was sorely mistaken.

"Shame on us"

1. What the heck is a "Fix-it" bill???
2.  Why do you need a bill to "fix" a bill that just passed?
3.  IF YOU NEED TO FIX IT THEN WHY DID IT PASS TO BEGIN WITH?
4.  When you have 219 people vote FOR something and 212 vote AGAINST it... then I don't think it should count as being a majority.
5.  Do they even know what's in this REFORM bill?

It scares me to think what will happen with Lauren's PWS procedures.  Will the government now decide if my child gets to have laser treatments?  Will they get to be the one to decide if her PWS is no longer treatable? 

SURELY NOT... SURELY NOT.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The government won't decide for you because you already have insurance through your employer. And IF you were to switch jobs, insurance companies might have been able to deny Lauren coverage (before this new bill) because she has a pre-existing condition. THAT could have been the worst possible scenario, but now - insurance companies cannot deny you. :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, if you switch jobs and go with your company's insurance they already can not deny you coverage of pre-existing conditions... It's when you want to purchase a private policy that the pre-existing concerns come into effect. However, all states are different and all insurance companies have different policies... In the state of TX, employers are not legally required to offer insurance. In LA they are. I don't pretend to understand everything about insurance, but these are a few of the questions I have personally asked my step-mom who has been an insurance broker for about 25 years... I agree that something needed to be done with the health care system, but I sure don't think that this was the right way. If this system was so great, why'd it have to be 2700 pages long? Why did it take so long to pass? And why is about 70% of Americans against it?