Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The birthday present that almost wasn't

So my birthday isn't until tomorrow, but I've had my present for about a week now.  I got a new DSLR camera!  It's a Nikon d3000 and I'm having so much fun learning how to use it!

It's not the fanciest or most technical of DSLR cameras, but it's exactly what I wanted and what I asked to get.  I'm in no way a professional photographer and I don't have time to learn to be one either.  I just want great pictures and this camera will help! 

I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so we can head outside and practice some more.  But for now, I'll be learning to use it inside, trying to utilize the natural light.

(Lauren having some static hair issues on the couch)


Meet Boscoe.  He's the neighbor dog that could have RUINED my present!  He is a THIEF.  He is the sweetest and softest dog you'll ever met, but he has a clepto problem.  Typcially, I do not have items shipped to our house because Boscoe has been known to see the UPS man and come running.  Apparently he thinks all packages have his name on them.  Anyway, Trey had ordered my camera and had it shipped to the house.  I left a note for the delivery guy to leave it on one of our front porch benches.  Silly me!  Boscoe could care less where the package was placed, he thought it was his for the taking.  Thankfully Trey was tracking the package online and saw that it had been delivered and ran home to check. 

He found the box IN THE FRONT YARD.  Boscoe had chewed a corner of the box and then left it in the front yard.  I'm guessing he knocked it off the bench, then rolled it down the stairs and chewed on it down there.  I guess he just got bored with it after that.  Thank goodness he didn't drag it to his house!  Surely the neighbors would have returned it... surely.

Anyway, all was in tact inside the box and I've been playing with my new toy ever since!  I'm not sure if I'll ever be to the point where I can shoot on full manual, but with a 16 GB memory card I'll have plenty of room for practicing!


No comments: