1. I was late for work. Lauren had a hair catastrophe this morning. I think this will start to happen more often due to the curls in her hair. It was a hot mess this morning. I had to wet it down and try to blow dry it in order to get it lay down. I should have taken a picture, but we were already running late. I tried to pull it back and I think I just made it worse. Poor thing went to school with a frizzy head. I think it might be time to invest in some hair product for curly hair. My hair stylist says that something called Ringlets works good. I guess I'll need to make the investment.
2. So, yes, I was late, but I needed a Diet Coke in bad way. So, I stopped at our small town gas station/store. I was in line with my beverage and the person in front of me in line was a kid. I would venture to say he was about 13 years old. I am terrible at guessing ages. But he wasn't very tall yet, so I'm assuming he hadn't reached high school. He had a clean haircut, almost preppy. Honestly, I noticed his hair first. And then I glanced down and saw his skater boy sneakers.
And then, like I'd been hit by a mack truck I noticed his jeans. I think my mouth may have hit the floor. Now, I realize the skinny jean has been back for a while now. And I understand that look for girls... but for boys??? And in 80's stonewash? And boys in small town Arkansas? For real? I'm sorry, but it just was not becoming of him.
I stifled my laugh until I got outside the store.
3. Molly has worms. TAPEWORMS. Oh my word, I'm not even going to share how I found a tiny, grain of rice looking worm on her hair brush when I brushed the hair, that encompasses her fluffy butt, this weekend. And then how I dismissed it as nothing to be concerned about. But then last night I thought maybe, just maybe I might need to check her hind side again and be sure it was nothing. It was not nothing. Trey and I both saw another tiny, rice like wriggly thing on her booty hair. Oh I was just so grossed out. I ran to get some tweezers to apprehend the little booger and by the time I got back it had escaped back into her butt fur. GROSS.
Apparently, according the sweet vet tech, Molly ingested a flea which has resulted in the current tapeworm situation. She will have to have SIX pills today and SIX more in three weeks. Now, how in the sam hill am I going to get her swallow SIX pills when she is only permitted to eat Duck and Potato dog food due to her food allergies? Yes, that's right I said Duck and Potato. I'm not even kidding. We used to give her pills in cheese, when she was on the thyroid medication. Yes, my poor dog has some issues. She has food allergies, ear infections, and now butt worms. I didn't even mention how she got a piece of stick stuck in her teeth last week. Because she insists on eating ever single twig that falls in the yard. The only reason we noticed it was because she kept making this smaking sound. Trey had to pry it out with a screwdriver and he gagged with the amout of bad breath that one stick caused.
But we love her anyway. She hasn't even complained about the butt worms. Except maybe to drag her rear on the grass once or twice.

1 comment:
So this blog wins the prize for transparency. Good gracious! Never known anyone to call it butt hair!
Post a Comment