Thursday, February 25, 2010

I refuse to believe it was a spider

The other night I woke up to the feeling that something fell on the side of my face.  I simultaneously grabbed "the thing", threw it across the room and sat up in the bed.

"TREY!  SOMETHING WAS ON MY FACE!!!"

I reached over and turned on the lamp and lept out of the bed to figure out what it was.  Trey got up and began searching the carpet by the bed.  I know I grabbed something.  And I know I threw it towards the door.  But nothing was to be found. 

Trey asked me what it felt like.  I tried to describe it.  I didn't feel anything crawling.  I just, all of a sudden, felt something "land" on my left temple.  I immediately grabbed it and threw it.  In my hand it felt like one of my earplugs (I keep earplugs on the nightstand).

But when I looked on the nightstand, both of my earplugs were still sitting there.  I was just mortified that it could have been a spider, or any bug for that matter.  I hate them, HATE them, HATE ANY CRITTER.

I am choosing to believe it was an earplug that miraculously landed back on my nightstand as I tried to throw it in my sleepy state.  It's either that, or a section of my hair fell on my face and I was in such a state of REM that I didn't realize it was my own hair.

I do not care what anyone else tries to tell me.  I refuse to believe it was any type of critter or creepy crawly.

No comments: