I think she's pretty much ready for it, but a lot of it was because my back just can't take lifting her in and out of that crib anymore! At 2 1/2 she only weighs 25 pounds, but her bed is so low to the ground it was just getting uncomfortable.
I didn't really inform her or Trey of my decision. I just took the front panel off and slapped the guard rail up there (yes, I knew what I was doing... for the most part).
Trey was on the phone with his Dad while I was working on it. When he hung up he said, "What are you doing in there?" I told him I was fixing Lauren's bed and to come look.
She said, "Mama, what happened?" :)
I explained it was her new big girl bed and she jumped right in!
Of course we had a discussion about staying in the bed. Letting her know that she is not permitted to get out of her bed until we come to get her in the morning. I'm sure that went in one ear and out the other due to the excitment! of the new setup.
But so far, so good. She's hasn't tried to escape yet. But it's so dark in her room at night I don't really think she'll try it right now. I'm going to try and find some matching toddler bed sheets (flat sheet and blanket) so she'll start learning how to sleep under the covers.
Even the peanut gallery approves!



1 comment:
I can just see her... "Mama - what happened?" So exciting!!!
Post a Comment