Monday, November 02, 2009

Yummy Potato Soup




Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:
4 large baking potatoes (baked and diced)
6 cups milk
8 oz sour cream
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
6 to 8 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1/4 cup green onions
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste

In a large stock pot: melt butter then add flour.  Mix thoroughly.  On medium heat, gradually add milk to butter/flour mixture.  Keep stirring to keep it from sticking to the bottom of your pot.  Do not bring this mixture to a boil.  When it starts to thicken add potatoes, cheese, green onions, sour cream, and bacon.  Stir until all is combined and hot.  Salt and pepper to your taste and garnish with more cheese and sour cream if desired.   Yum!
(I didn't have any green onions in the house so I substitued onion powder and some minced onions... still tasted great!!!)

5 comments:

Elizabeth Sullivan said...

I made this recipe this weekend, too, for the first time. It seemed like it needed more flavoring....what do you think?

Tracy said...

Did you put enough salt in it? And lots of cheese will help... This is not a low fat recipe, so you might as well add more bacon too! I used real, full fat bacon. YUM.

HipShooter said...

Thanks-been craving this for weeks!

Elizabeth said...

Maybe I didn't put enough salt in it. I put double the bacon...that had to have helped! And yeah...real, fattening bacon!

HipShooter said...

I made it tonight and thought it was fantastic; John requested his second helping with Tony's!