Updated:
I guess it's all in who you talk to! A different girl from the insurance company called to confirm they received the estimate for the damages to my car ($1,608 in case you are wondering), so I asked her about my rental situation. She was very nice and said she would confirm my reservation for a Standard size car for Monday. (Although I believe I mis-spoke and I should have requested a Full size car)
Original post:
So... the car wreck this weekend was not my fault. However, inconveniences still occur due to this situation. I'm am supposed to bring my car to the auto body shop on Monday morning for the repair work to begin. (Sidenote... the body shop said they would be able to fix my PLASTIC bumper... say what? Whatever, if it doesn't look perfect, it's going back in the shop).
Anyway, so Monday I'll be getting a Rent-A-Car... supposedly an Intermediate size car. I am not really pleased with this decision by the insurance company. I typically drive a Full size vehicle that not only totes me around, but Sweet Girl too. Now, I'm not being snobby, do not get me wrong here... I used to drive a Corolla and loved it, but I was without a tiny tot. I feel safer in a slightly bigger car when my child is a passenger.
I really want to argue with the other driver's insurance. Do I have a leg to stand on? The claims lady said they only allot $25 per day for vehicle rentals. Um... I'm sorry, but that's not MY problem. YOUR driver HIT ME!
Seriously, am I being unreasonable?
2 comments:
I thought they were required to give you a comparable rental. When I was driving a Beetle, Enterprise tried to give me a Neon. John raised hell, saying the Beetle was comparable to a sports car, not a compact, so I got a Sebring convertible instead.
I would put up some sort of protest. I thought the same about having to give a similar sized vehicle. Maybe they are hoping you won't push the issue and they can get off cheaper. And besides, I don't think it is that much more for the next size up vehicle.
Post a Comment