Friday, September 25, 2009

And speaking of shoes...

Yes, just two posts below we were speaking of shoes. Right before Molly licked us all to death.

Anyway... SHOES. I was saying that I do love shoes. But you have no idea the trauma and heartache I have over a decent pair of shoes that fit. Because most shoes do not fit me. I have the most narrow feet you've ever seen. And flat. I practically have no arch and height to my foot. When I was little, and even when I got bigger, I was forced to wear mary janes because I would walk right out of slip-ons. I guess that means I have a narrow heel too. GARH!!!


Yes, have you heard of quads? You know how most women wear a size shoe followed by a letter, most often M(edium) or some women even wear W(ide). No, ma'am, not me. I wore AAAA's (the A was for narrow, I know it makes no sense) as a kid. And I'm pretty sure I still need a Narrow today. But NO ONE makes a Narrow shoe that is affordable and pretty (that you can buy in a store).


And let's talk about styles of shoes. My friend and co-worker were discussing shoes. She is a shoe hoarder, lover, a shoe Connoisseur if you will. She loves a good 4 inch heel. My feet can't wear shoes like high. Besides the fact that I'm not capable of walking in them without holding onto a side rail for support, I would have the worst ankle pain when the day was over.

My friend loves these Jessica Simpson shoes:

Oh, they are so pretty! But my feet just screamed for some Aleve just looking at them. My friend is way more trendy than me and she can completely pull this off. I would need some help knowing what to wear with shoes like that. Stacy and Clinton would need to come rescue me.

Oh, and these are on my friend's shoe radar too. Very pretty snake skin. I do love them, but once again the narrow of my feet are laughing at me... daring me to try and then fail when I fall flat on the sidewalk trying to walk in them.



At this point in my life... at the ripe old age of 29 I have realized that I want style and comfort in a pair of shoes. I think I should have put comfort before style in that sentence. Yes, I want comfort. Can't I have both? Without paying an arm and a leg for a pair of shoes? Am I alone in this pursuit?
Or have I just turned into an old lady overnight? Be honest.

No comments: