Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Tim!


Today is my baby brother's 21st birthday. That makes me feel very old since I was EIGHT when he was born. What a little fire cracker he was! I wish I could post this picture of him that I have in my head of him as a toddler. He had bleach blonde hair and the cutest little smile. He would carry around a tackle box wearing just a t-shirt and diaper. And I think he slept in his cowboy boots. They were grey Justin boots. (I'm sorry Tim, but you were the cutest little baby, I hope I'm not embarrassing you too much!!!)
It's crazy what you remember from childhood.

He used to taunt me on purpose. Grate on my last nerve just to make me mad. Little booger.

But I love that little booger. He's like 5 inches taller than me now, so "little" is a relative term.

Tim, I love you more than you know. I love that we had a great phone conversation today. I love that you opened up to me and talked about your future.


And I forgive you for calling me old. :)

You have grown from a little boy in my memory to a GREAT and handsome young person... fully on your way to adulthood. Great things are in store for you! God has His hand on you and is watching over you daily.

Verses to remember:
"Call to me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:33

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11

I love you baby brother! Have a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow, I can't believe he is 21!!! I remember him running around messing with us when I would spend the night at your house! Happy Birthday Tim!

HipShooter said...

What you cant see in the pictures is a removable fold down rail! When I started finding her with her leg thrown over the rail of her crib like she was going to climb out, I decided it was time. I would make a big deal about sleeping in the big girl bed with new bedding, etc, but I put her old blanket and stuffed animals in there, too. She changed over really well and refused to sleep in the crib again!