Thursday, June 04, 2009

To curl or not to curl?

THAT is the question...

This is my inspiration for curly hair:
Of course, hers are NATURAL. She obviously does NOT get this from me.


And this is picture I would take with me to my stylist in order to purchase such curls at the cost of $75.

What is your opinion on this matter? Should I take the plunge and get some curls for the summer? I have done this before. When I was younger it turned out good... my last experience was disappointing because the stylist did something wrong and my whole head was curly except about an inch and a half on the ends was board straight. I ended up just blowing it straight everyday.


So, I am wary of doing it again, but I want a carefree, easy do for the summer. It gets HOT having to dry this mound of hair on my head everyday. And It would be great if I could wash it every other day or even go to bed with it wet!
I mean, even if I don't like it... it is only temporary. Contrary to its name - PERManent.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Hello??? Is this thing on? If you are reading this post, I KNOW you have an opinion... Please share it!

Jennifer said...

Okay.... I think you should GO FOR IT. Like you said, if you hate it - it's temporary. (they should definitely consider a name change to "semi-permanent").

And if you walk out of there and REALLY hate it, you can still blow it straight every day.

I see no harm done, and who knows - you might LOVE it!

The Proctors said...

At first, I was going to say "Don't do it!" but then you said that you've done it before and when you didn't like it, you blow-dried it straight. So...if you don't mind doing that, then go for it! It will probably end up looking just fine especially if you trust your stylist! I would love to do this with my hair but it holds curl so well that everytime I got a perm in the past, it would kink up. Who knows...I may try it again sometime too! I love the easiness of it. Lauren's curls are just gorgeous!!!

Ashley said...

Do it, a change will be fun. I wish mine would look like charlize's or lauren's without effort! Are you going to keep your length?

Tracy said...

Newsflash--- Trey is not a fan of change...
If it were you, would you really do this if your husband didn't want you to?

LA and BD said...

I'm pretty sure you already know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway: GO FOR IT! You will probably love it, and if you don't - it's just hair...you can change it again. And yes, I would probably still do it even if my husband didn't want me to. It's your hair, and it's not like you said you were going to buzz it off and dye it hot pink. He might find out he likes a wife with a head full of sexy curls! ;)

Robin said...

I'll get the "curls" too, if that will help you go for it! =)

The Proctors said...

Tracy...yes, we have the Radio Flyer Pathfinder wagon, and I really do love it. It is very easy to manuever, and both kids can fit in it easily with buckles. You should definitely get that one!

Shelly, OTA in training said...

I think your hair is beautiful, but I understand the desire for change. I say "do it". Like you said, it's not forever. I'm sure you could use the extra minutes you would shave off getting ready in the morning. Unless you have to straighten it...