Yes, we moved... again... I know this is no surprise to most of you since ALL I have done is complain about our commute for the past 8 months. But we finally moved closer to work! Will I miss our old house? Yes. More than that I will miss being down the street from one of my very BEST friends. BIG sniffle. And I will miss our church, because we just can't see driving 45 minutes to church when we want to be much more involved in our congregation. I will miss all of these things, but we will gain a better quality of life by NOT living out of the car. NOT driving for almost 2 hours and 120 miles every day. We will gain that precious time to be a family and REST. And for that reason alone I am going to LOVE living in our new house!
The move - it went GREAT. I think we are pros at moving now. We've done it 5 times in 6 1/2 years. HOPEFULLY this is our last move for a LONG time because I would LOVE to actually decorate a house. That's right - we've never lived anywhere long enough to decorate it. Therefore I will desperately need decorating tips soon.
And now for the pictures - the only reason anyone reads this blog. :)
The Penske Truck... in my opinion they are far superior to Uhaul. :)

The old house living room... this is what moving looks like - CHAOS.
Lauren's empty bedroom - so sad all empty.

New House Master bedroom CHAOS with boxes everywhere.

New living room with GREAT doors/windows! Do you see that tennis racket in the bottom, right corner? Lauren likes to dig through boxes and pull out things to play with. The tennis racket was a winner. I still miss playing.
New kitchen with fresh flowers from the realtor. They smell lovely and help me to forget the CHAOS that this kitchen was this weekend. Don't worry... it's all better now.
Lauren's new room... Surprisingly enough it's unpacked and she has already ransacked her toys from the corner of the room.

New House Master bedroom CHAOS with boxes everywhere.
New living room with GREAT doors/windows! Do you see that tennis racket in the bottom, right corner? Lauren likes to dig through boxes and pull out things to play with. The tennis racket was a winner. I still miss playing.
2 comments:
Yay!! I know you will love your new house! I can't believe you guys drove that far everyday. I thought my drive from Cabot to LR was bad. You will love being close to work and be able to get home early to spend time together! It will be worth it! We hated to leave the church too, but you will find a new one and will fit right in!!
I cannot believe you guys have moved 5 times in 6 years -- that is crazy! Congrats on the new house!
Post a Comment